Thanks to Photographer/artist Julian Robles

Photobucket
Art and Photography By Julian Robles with Mad Latino Studios!

Keep up with the Craziness

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Nigga Please"- Random Drunken White guy

I was wondering, Who here has just randomly had conversation with strangers? Today as I wa On my layover between trains I was walking down the street to get coffee ( following some shotty directions from the lady at the station) and as I am walking a guy walks up to me “Excuse me sir, do you know where I can find the bus station?” Me having no idea where I even am answer as honest as I can, “No, sorry, I am lost myself. I am here on a layover and just want coffee.” At this we both got a giggle at the fact neither of us are from the area and Both are looking for something. So for a while we walk down the street together just chatting at which I find out that he is actually from Up north and is traveling around, but doesn’t agree with ticket prices for train. We both agree the layout of the city is odd to us (both being used to city layouts where things weren’t spread apart). Also chat about the rainy weather, and how Tampa truly is much warmer than NC. Funny thing is he ends up giving me better directions to the coffee shop (him being new to the area) than the Woman at the counter ( who was not new here).

So I get to a little sandwich shop and decide I would prefer Starbucks. Lucky for me some guy is standing there with a star bucks cup. So I ask where to find it. Next to walking me to the door, he pretty much walked me to where I could clearly see the sign. He wasn’t overly talkative. But  seems to me to have went out of the way to show me where to go. I get into the star bucks, Hiking bag and all. The Lady looks at me after I order and goes, “Are you really Hiking around in this weather?” After I admit that I pretty much am She Smiles at me and in a sincere tone wishes me good luck on my Journeys.  You know 4 years ago  I would never have talked to someone I don’t know and willingly admit to this day that I struggle to, but it continues to amaze me how friendly people are when you simply greet them with a warm and true smile.  The World seems to be a cold place. But Isnt up to us to warm it up?  From talking to random people it shows me people truly want human contact with others.

Since all of this has happened I’ve encountered yet another drunk person in lobby of the train station who Loved to say “Nigga Please” Which I had to laugh at, and the people around me enjoyed his drunken ramblings as well. Until the Police to him in for Drunk in Public, oh yes and Saying to them “You’re a Nigga, I’m a Nigga, I’m a Nigga.” ( keep in mind all people involved in this were white men, at which you could sense their nervousness at the word) Interesting how a simple word so many allow themselves to become out of sorts with….

Anywho, I am back on  my train. The sun as came out to say hello and the country side I can say is amazingly beautiful. Another great day in the neighborhood!

Peace and love to all!

Z

No comments:

Come party with the Wondering fool