Thanks to Photographer/artist Julian Robles

Photobucket
Art and Photography By Julian Robles with Mad Latino Studios!

Keep up with the Craziness

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Time to break in the details!

  As most of you have read, this blog is for inspirational purposes.  In a few short weeks, I am embarking on a journey that will take place over the next year, only taking a short hiatus during the winter months. But vagabonding is a lifestyle choice that I am ecstatic about.  Backpacking around the world is one of my biggest dreams, and I have chosen to start in the Western U.S. from Colorado and going… who knows? (more on that as it unfolds)
 For a few weeks now, I have been working on gathering the materials I need, reading up on a few things I need to know, taking advice from people I know and others (who honestly seem sketchy to me). But whatever help I can get I will take what I need from and will be extremely thankful.  In the past week I think I have built the excitement for myself to a high (until I get in to Co springs, that’s where I am starting),  I have got my hiking shoes and started breaking them in. My roommate bought me my hiking backpack ( Thank you Jeremy E. McDonald!) and the biggest thing that makes this surreal moment in my life a little more tangible, the Train ticket to Co springs, Co. I chose train because I enjoy the scenery as I travel, and honestly I’m walking the western US so it’s not like there is a huge rush on anything. That and the price for the ticket I stuck in my mind and has been for months ( idk why), so when I saw the ticket and the price I knew that was the one. I have more supplies to get, and more things to get rid of, but I am on a fast track to this and I am far passed excited! I am making my dreams come true! Where some people dream of being rich, and some people’s families dream that for them (mine), I dream of being a world traveler.

The trip itself is going to be more than me walking around the World with a few clothes, a bag, and some shoes. I know this. It will be a HUGE growing experience.  The amount of things I already know I’ll learn about myself I’ve accepted will be massive and challenging. I will have to learn to be humble to make it, strong to survive, and learn to listen to my higher self to keep me safe. I want to learn these, I want to learn MORE than this, and I want to find me completely and learn to love me completely..

No comments:

Come party with the Wondering fool